It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

amandaleigh HB User
headache/earache/&soret throat...left side only

3 months ago I went to my GP complaining that I felt as if something was stuck in my throat on the left side...After looking online I was convinced I had cancer. He basically told me I was crazy and dismissed it as being anxiety related. Since my visit to the doctor the "stuck-in-throat" sensation has subsided slightly...not completely gone, but not as annoying. I really don't know how to describe it...I'm not bothered when I eat or drink...just when I swallow I sense something foreign in my throat...not too far down either.
Anyway, more recently, I have started having what seems like bad sinus and cold issues...pressure across face and behind eyes, congested through nose, sore throat, earaches and headaches...what is very unusual is that I feel the majority of pain on my left side.
I have made an appointment with an ENT for next Thursday as I am concerned that something more serious than anxiety issues is at play.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I am 32 (33 in April) F. I drink maybe once a month and smoke maybe once every 2 months.

Last edited by amandaleigh; 02-17-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
(female)

bethturk HB User
Re: headache/earache/&soret throat...left side only

Amanda,

I am having VERY similar problems right now. It started about 2 weeks ago when I thought I had some popcorn stuck in my throat. I swallowed and poked around, but there was nothing in there. The feeling of something in my throat was only on the left side. It persisted and turned into an inner ear ache, tenderness near my jaw joint (just behind my ear where you feel something sour), and a raging headache only on the left side. Even my head was sensitive to touch! I took some pain meds thinking it was the beginning of a sinus infection, slept on my other side and it eventually diminished. Now 2 weeks later, the feeling is STILL in my throat and my ear still aches and I have faint headaches coming and going. Last night, I even looked closely into my throat and found an open slit where my tonsils used to be. It seems this is exactly where the tenderness in my throat lies. And it's only on my left side. I have no wisdom teeth, all of my teeth and gums are in good health. What could this be? Did you ever find out?? I am always congested (i blame that on my allergies, usually). But this is really weirding me out and I'm not sure WHICH doctor to go to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread