It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

lissette928 HB User
Red face Several strange symptoms, lump in throat feeling

Not sure if this is the right area of specialty to ask this question, but here goes nothing. I have always been really healthy and rarely ever go to doctor unless I have severe seasonal allergies or the flu. Three weeks ago I began feeling this tightness in my throat. Went to ER thinking I had an allergic reaction and was put on prednisone. Fast forward three weeks later and I still have this tightness in throat. Prednisone did nothing for me and I am not so sure I had an allergic reaction to anything. I have recurring earaches, lymph nodes have swollen and gone back to normal, lungs hurt on and off, and tightness in throat doesn't go away except for when I just wake up in the morning for a few minutes, then after that, back to the same feeling. It hurts and feels uncomfortable to sing from my diaphragm. For some reason, there is an irritation at the back of my throat, though I have had no cold and my voice is hoarse.

I have been eating alkaline foods this whole time and not much either, because of the discomfort. I had an endoscopy done and my esophagus is healthy, so no acid reflux. Had xrays of chest and neck and nothing of concern was found.

What is bothering me the most is the feeling in my esophagus and the inability to sing fully or have this go away yet. If anybody out there has any ideas as to what might be the matter, please help. Maybe an infection of some sort? I have not had a fever at all either this whole time. And my lymph nodes were inflamed for several days, luckily back to normal for three days now. I don't know anymore what to do. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or ideas you might have.

Last edited by lissette928; 03-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
esophagus