It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

painman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB Userpainman2009 HB User
leave my tonsils alone

why is it that every dr wants to take out my kids tonsils and mine too.. we have very large glands but we live through it. god gave them to us for a reason why so easy to decide that we don't need them

Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: leave my tonsils alone

CHronic tonsil infections can cause respiratory infections, sinus infections, ear infections which can, in turn, cause asthma, loss of hearing, etc. I suffered from this as a child and was hospitalized numerous times, missed out on vacation trips and other family outings and finally came perilously close to partial hearing loss when,at age 25, my doctor finally told me "I don't care what your mother thinks. You need to have your tonsils out." It turns out she was like you - thought I'd out grow it, live thru it or maybe she just simply had Munchausen's and enjoyed the attention she got when I was sick, hospitalized, etc. So there I was at 25 having them out. The surgery from Hades....along with a couple of problems while I in the recovery room. Was I angry with her because of it? Oh yeah! Do I resent all the things I missed out on? Yes. Could all that have been avoided if she had just let them be removed when I would have had only a 24-48 recovery period as a child? Oh yeah.

If you don't mind living like this, that's fine. But why visit it upon your children?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: leave my tonsils alone

Hi yeah I would keep mine too, I heard that they help keep the infections out of the rest of the body lower down and keeps it up where it can be dealt with easier. Some people do salt water and charcoal irrigations that helps with the sore throats if and when they occur. Avoiding sugar also helps keep immunity in better working order. Making sure air is a bit humidified in winter may help to keep them from swelling but I would not go so far as the humidifier all day and night usually because I know someone who did that and his apartment was absolutely damp and misty. That would encourage mold growth. Some say a little warm water in the tub once in a while or if a central stove is present a pan of water kept over the hot edge may help. A level of proper humidity can be measured with meters.

Closed Thread