It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

jordesse HB User
lump on tonsil

Hello all, my 13yr old son complained of feeling like something was stuck in his throat. So I grabbed a torch and took a look. I was surprised to find his left tonsil to be very enlarged along with a strange lump coming from behind his tonsil. Much like he had a third tonsil! I have a photo but I don't know how to attach it to this post?. He isn't sick at all. The doctor couldn't tell me anything. He ordered a CT scan and gave a referral to an ENT. We've since had the results back from the CT and we are none the wiser. The CT says he has bilateral widespread paranasal sinus disease with a soft tissue mass in the mid left nasal canal which could indicate enlarged lymph nodes but are not ruling out a mass. Anyone have any ideas? His appointment to ENT isn't until July.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: lump on tonsil

Hi well there are different causes for masses, sometimes they are infections, sometimes lymph, sometimes fat. For starters while waiting for the doctor visit I would do healthy things like eating more, grapefruit, lemons, limes, kiwis, garlic, onions bay leaf tea.

I would get a daily walk out in sunshine and fresh air. I would make sure all additive, substances and drugs are kept out of the body. I would drink 6.25 cups water at least or more for every 100 pounds of body weight. I would go to bed every night by 10 p.m. in summer and 9 p.m. in winter and keep a good schedule of meal times, exercise times and wake times if possible.
Is there a white film or patch on the tonsil?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
(female)

jordesse HB User
Re: lump on tonsil

Hi and thanks for the reply. No, no white film. The doctor days his tonsils are not infected but clearly, whatever the mass is, it's enlarged his left tonsil. Doctor isn't saying much at all, just to wait to see what ENT says. He's not even trying to reassure me that it's probably nothing to worry about. It's scary, he's only 13! Thanks, my son is a very active, healthy boy who eats well naturally because he loves fruit, vegetables and water so no point in changing his diet. He also has strict bed times so sleeps 9/10 hrs a night. I guess I'll just have to wait for ENT. I supposed if they were worried at all, they would have pushed his appointment forward?

Closed Thread