It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
Help - stubborn staph infection in nose

Any suggestions for a staph infection in the nose? No swelling but very raw, bloody scabs, yellow scabs, oozy yellow discharge going on for months now. Have had a culture and not MRSA but staph aurorus and have been on Keflex, Bactroban (burned badly all the way down in back of nose and in throat to below voice box - leaked down with post nasal drip). Have been on Bacitracin also. Allergic to Neosporin. Now so raw even saline gel with aloe burns and saline spray is not helping either.

I was told about medihoney, a medical grade honey but apparently if it is on mucous membrances that are sore that also could burn pretty bad but could cure the staph infection.

I give up at this point as do my docs, PCP, ENT, allergist. Infectious Disease doc said use Vaseline but ENT and Allergist said do NOT use Vaseline so who do you believe? Now I am afraid to try it....I guess they feel Vaseline is occlusive and would keep the infection in which could cause more problems.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Closed Thread