It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

angelaononchan HB User
Ear popping and swallowing with tinnitus?

I had an infection 2 months ago, but it got better. I had a high ringing noise in my right ear before that already, and the doctor thought it was wax. They removed the wax but I still had tinnitus. Later, I could hear it in my left ear too. I went to an ENT because my situation got worse. I could now hear popping when I swallow.

The doctor said both ears were fine, but my nose was heavily congested, leading to a block eustachian tube. He gave me the medicine, and it helped a little bit, but not much. Then, yesterday, this lower ringing noise in my left ear started. I'm seriously worried, is it because of the medicine? (I'm currently taking eurofred tablets and nasal sprays).

The doctor also said the tinnitus is probably because of my nasal congestion. Is this curable? Is the popping curable? I heard that tinnitus could last for your whole life. Is this possible in my case?

Also, is there like a special name for this so I can try to find out more? The doctor didn't really say my condition had like a special term or anything. I don't have any dizziness, and I'm nearing a hearing loss test. I did a few online, it seemed from there I didn't have any, but they're not very accurate.

My tinnitus first started after I heard like really loud noises, so I'm wondering if it could be hearing loss.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User
Re: Ear popping and swallowing with tinnitus?

The ear specialest do a hearing test. I passed all them. they don't know why i have tinnitus. I correlate it to the gerd medicines i took as I got it during that period. And I'm sorry to say, it doesn't go away. Unless you know for sure its allergies or sinus congestion there is a chance it is due to that and if you fix that , you fix your tinnitus

Last edited by Gonzoe; 07-02-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread