It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
(male)

gary9 HB User
? Tinnitus And Ear Pain Still Occurring 2 Months After Head Cold ?

I had a head cold From about 9-17th April this year in which mostly I was getting headaches and my hearing went weird. It may not have had anything to do with it, but I went to a club a few days after and a few days after that my ears have felt; clogged (this affected my hearing a bit for a few weeks), ringing like I just came out of a disco (tinnitus), louder and abnormally erratic clicking or ear popping (due to any facial movement, swallowing or yawning), pressure behind my ears, hearing my voice in my head when talking (which went after a couple of weeks), eardrums feeling physically sensitive (sometimes actually more sensitive to sound), inner ear was sensitive for a week, also throbbing or burning a bit and finally after a recent car journey I became very queasy which also worsened the ringing and throbbing (possibly the result of an ear blockage or something affecting my balance) which now means Iím sometime dizzy or light headed (though this was already happening a bit before then too). If I push my fingers into my ear then I feel a stronger sensation of the brusing feeling presumably from my eardrums. The symptoms never go away (unless previously mentioned) and initially I was said to have had a retracted eardrum with the other ear being slightly inflamed (no blockages of earwax etc), but since then theyíve checked my ears and apparently itís pretty much gone (the most reliable doctor does not believe that the loud music at the club had anything to do with the tinnitus). Most of the symptoms are directly linked to each other as they all always worsen or improve together (so the tinnitus is better when the throbbing is etc) but more than anything the tinnitus is driving me a bit crazy and at the moment Iím just being told to wait by the doctors in the hope that itíll pass before they possibly eventually take it further. Incidentally my jaw aches and as a result sometimes clinches (which may have nothing to do with this problem as it comes and goes as a the last few months) but I know this can sometimes be a problem and Iím having that checked out soon too.
Can tinnitus be caused and sustained purely from these other physical symptoms, as Iím desperately hoping itís not permanent. And what else could be done to at least identify the problem given that Iím clearly feeling physical symptoms as well as the tinnitus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ache, ear, earache, ringing, tinnitus