It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
(male)

tkclarknyc HB User
Pain / Ache when Speaking or Swallowing

Good day -

While I have visited more than one ENT, my problems remain a mystery with no solution in hand. I was hoping by chance I might find a person or two that is suffering from similar issues and may have some guidance. Over the past year or so I have suffered from the following:

1) A pain that is worse after 11:00 am - it is not like a sore throat pain, but rather an ache that is somewhere in the region of my uvula...it radiates throughout this area...I descrive it as a headache, but deep upper palate

2) The mystery pain is made worse by speaking and once it is "active" it may also hurt to swallow....I can make the pain resonate by a deep breath through my nose

3) Tongue is sore, especially on the sides... I will frequenly get flare ups that look like rings.. they can burn, but worse my tongue will also ache and trigger a pain that will even make it to my ear

4) Tension throuhout neck, jawline, below ears, is substantial and effects eating pattern, breathing... sort of like breathing through a straw at times

Anyway, that's my story in a nutshell.... any thoughts? This has all become more and more of an issue for me personally and professionally. Sort of sucking the fun out of life.

Thank all - T

Closed Thread