It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

Snap88 HB User
Orange tongue

Hi,

Can somebody please help!!!

IM a 24 year old male and 've had an orange coated tongue now for around 4 months. I've seen 4 different doctors, 3 which have told me its a yeast infection where I was given oral tablets and tongue drops. None of which worked. The 4th doctor said it was not a yeast infection as it was very bright orange and she was in fact unsure as to what it was. I can scrape it and most will come off whilst bleeding a little at times but the following day it's back. It gives me bad breathe also.

Can it be a symptom gum infection? I have been tested for diabetes, all clear and negative when I had a HIV duo 28 day test. It's getting me down and is frustrating that the doctors cannot seem to know what the cause of it is.

Any doctors feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
(female)

Lindy lou HB User
Re: Orange tongue

your doctors are correct it is a yeast infection You can get a burning tongue with it as well I had it once myself my tongue was the color of an orange . I was given Daktin oral gel to use. You will also have to change your diet by not having too much sugary food and fizzy drinks anything with sugar is to be avoided. Try some plain yoghurt as well . Try a test first thing in the morning spit into a glass half filled with water. if it has a stringy look to it and floats you will know for sure that you have thrush . Hope this helps you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply