It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

jmcastro HB User
Enlarged Circumvallate Papillae - HELP!

Hi I'm new to this board & I've been stressing & almost getting anxiety over my symptoms.

A few weeks ago I noticed these large taste buds that seemed to be swollen on the back of my tongue.. I did tons of research & come to find out that they're enlarged circumvallate papillae. My tongue also turns a bright yellow color, it's not too much but right at the center in the back of my tongue it's noticeable enough, it goes away after I brush my teeth/tongue. The past couple of days though, I got this really bad sore throat as if I had been talking too much. I have the constant need to clear my throat because I believe I have post nasal drip from breaking my nose 5 years ago (this has never been diagnosed by a doctor, but mucus definitely drips down into the back of my throat causing it to feel clogged) & my nose is constantly running.

For the past 2 years in December, I would wake up with horrible sore throats & a lymph node would pop out behind my ear & go away as soon as the infection cleared up.

Now lately, underneathe my jaw has been a bit sore & tender to touch, along with this burning sore throat. I'm scared that a lymph node might be trying to pop out again & that I have oral cancer. I don't drink (hardly ever) & I NEVER smoke. I drink lots of water & for the most part I've been a pretty healthy person.

It also feels as if blisters/sores are trying to form, I have one on the roof of my mouth & then I start feeling that tingling/burning sensation on my lip, as if a cold sore wants to form but never does. I also have ringing mainly in my right ear. Sometimes I'll hear noises that sound like static, then it turns to ringing. I've never seen a doctor for this because unfortunately I don't have health insurance at the moment.

What could be going on with me? I'm totally freaked out!

Symptoms:

-Constantly clearing my throat due to post nasal drip- which makes my voice cut out because I'm putting too much strain on it.
-Bright yellow tongue with enlarged circumvallate papillae
-The urge to sneeze all the time.
-Nose is always either running or stuffed
-Blisters & Cold sores trying to form.
-Soreness under right side of jaw, under throat (on the muscle basically)
-Ringing in right ear.
-Sore throat/ pain mainly on right side of throat (where I had a wisdom tooth removed)

I'd really appreciate it if someone got back to me ASAP, as I feel I'm going to have a major anxiety attack because I think I have some sort of cancer or tumor!

Last edited by jmcastro; 06-30-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread