It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
(male)

earwoes HB User
Adult Adenoid Regrowth

Hi All,

I'm new here but was wondering if anyone could help or had a similar experience. I've had ear troubles off and on for about 8 years now, mostly in my left ear. Usually the symptoms come on after a sinus infection and go away for the most part after completing the antibiotics cycle. A few times the ear issues have lingered, with the latest time being the worst yet.

My PCP referred me to a new ENT as my previous one recently retired. I went in a presented my symptoms, and after only a few moments he said he had an idea of what it could be. He sent me into a small procedure room where he sat me down and gave me lidocaine. Next came the scope through my nostrils. Not long after he said things were a little bit of a mess up there in my adenoids and it was probably the underlying problem with the ear issues. My only issue is that my adenoids and tonsils were taken out when I was 7. He seemed pretty worried that it could be something worse like lymphoma and that scared the hell out of me. For now I'm on a regiment of souped up antibiotics, nasal spray, and mucinex D - which was option 2 that he gave me which was opposed to immediate surgery and biopsy. I'm now second guessing this and wondering if I should have surgery as quickly as possible, or hold off to see if any of the inflammation goes down. Basically I'm hoping one of you fine folks has had a similar situation and had it turn out to be nothing - and also if anyone here can tell me how bad the actual surgery is and what to expect. Also - has anyone here had their adenoids grow back as an adult after them being taken out as a child. Any help would be appreciated as I'm kind of in a mess at the moment and expecting the worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread