It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

snailz HB User
mouth problem

hi, im not sure if this is the correct board for mouth conditions. its a bit of a long story so hopefully you can bear with me and maybe offer some advice. when i was 8 months pregnant i started with a very dry, sore mouth that often tingled. after 2 weeks of it not going away i went to see my gp who said i was anxious, i was only anxious though because my tongue flared up. after many visits they reffered me to ENT who said it was my hormones (they also sent me to maxillofacial for a follow up). anyway a week after my baby was born it went away. now 7 months on, its returned, my mouth constantly hurts like its been burnt and tingles again, its a bit dry but not like last time. i go back to the gp and explain that its bothering me again, they say its anxiety, i keep trying to explain to them that i only feel anxious because it constantly hurts in my mouth but they wont listen. they just say that a sore mouth is a symptom of anxiety. i only feel anxious when it flares up, iv gone 7 months with no anxiety or flare ups. anyway they have put me on sertraline and clonazepam. i was horrified to read the side affects of sertraline are dry mouth, wont this just make it all worse? also these tablets are making me feel terrible, iv only been on them a week and i feel all jittery and low. does anyone have any idea what i should do now? the doctor wont listen, iv been discharged from ENT and im waiting for my next ap with maxillofacial in october. its a constant annoyance as my tongue often swells up and i cant eat anything. pls advise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread