It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

mrzilla HB User
Upper Part of Ear Canal Hurts

Strangely, today I've begun to notice more and more that my left ear was feeling a bit strange. I didn't pay much attention to it, and when I went to clean my ears with a q-tip, I found that as soon as I touched the q-tip to the upper part of my left ear canal, it hurt more than any ear infection I'd had before.

I should say that I am not calling it an ear infection, but I've had a few and remember the pain. This, however, is much worse. I was able to use the q-tip on any other part of my ear it can reach, and my right ear has no pain whatsoever.

I've never experienced anything like this where just a portion of my ear canal hurts to the touch. I had my wife take a look under some light, but she couldn't see anything of note.

Is this something I should be concerned about and calling my doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
(female)

LLANA HB User
Re: Upper Part of Ear Canal Hurts

Hello, I experienced something similar to this when I placed an earplug in my ear. My ear canal hurt in a certain spot but then it seemed to move to another spot later on. It could be fluid that is traveling within your ear canal or it could be an ear canal injury. My doctor said the ear canal is very sensitive and you should not clean it with a qtip or you can injure it. Hope you feel better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ear ache