It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

Klscritchfield HB User
Muffled hearing and pressure in my ears for 6 months

On January 29, 2012, I drove home from Ct and as I was shutting the door in my car, suddenly my ears, both of them, became muffled. I also felt pressure in the back of my head and behind my eyes. I thought that these annoying conditions would leave so I did nothing for the first 2 weeks. They stayed so I met with an ENT and he told me that my ears were fine. Went to CT and met with another ENT and he told me the same and that I had TMJ. Came back to PA and met with a dentist who sent me to a doctor for braces. He fitted me with a plastic insert which I am to wear nightly to stop the spasm in my jaw. I am now having clicking in my ears, ringing, as well as the same muffled hearing. I am now going to a physical therapist to see if he can stop the "spasms" which the doctors are saying cause this hearing problem. I now am noticing that my neck is somewhat stiff and that my throat feels tight. I was going to get a myringotomy but decided against it when I read the posts from "Health Message Board." Six months of this is driving me crazy. I am in fear that I am not hearing things that might concern safety. My house scares me because I am not aware of its sounds anymore. I feel so unfocused and have lost energy, perhaps, because I am so confused with the hearing. Anyone out there have any suggestions for me?

Closed Thread