It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth/throat

Hi, for about 6 weeks now i have had a burning sensation, mainly in my throat, it also seems to be in the roof of my mouth nearer the back on my mouth, my tongue sometimes stings a little but only very faintly and not sure if thats also to do with the same thing.

Its not a painful sensation, pretty mild but still is annoying me.

a week or 2 after it started i was going though a hard time and was worrying a lot and also had chest / stomach aches at the time (the sore throat started about a week or 2 before this)

I suspect by chest / stomach aches may have been due to stress / anxiety, at the time i didnt really think much about this and told my doctor all the symptoms i was getting and he said i have acid reflux, which based on all the symptoms i guess is a fair conclusion, i now am not sure if both were related though.

I was given ppi drugs, sure enough i had started calming down a lot from my other stress / anxiety but my stomach / chest started also settling (will never know if it was that or the drugs thats ettled that.

my doctor had given me 28 days worth of ppi's and said go back to him if i still have any symptoms, my stomach / chest aches have gone now a few weeks back but i have still got this burning feeling in my mouth / throat, i dont seem to have any other symptoms, i am due to see my doctor tomorrow to tell him that even though my stomach feels fine my throat has still been like this for around 6 weeks now.

at the time he looked into my mouth and said it looks pretty normal alothough a little red at the back, i originally thought it maybe thrush but he said he wasn't to sure about that, plus i didnt have any sores / white tongue.

there does seem to be a lot of tonsilitis going around locally but i don't think my symptoms sound like that (i dont think the roof of my mouth would have a burning sensation).

does anyone have any ideas what it could be if not acid reflux, and if it was acid reflux and i was taking these ppis for the last month then would my throat have now improved by now?

thanks

James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
Re: burning/stinging sensation in roof of mouth/throat

anyone?

Closed Thread