It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

Zara718 HB User
How do you know the worst is over w/tonsillectomy?

Day 9-& the pain isn't unbearable. Still have ear/throat pain but don't need the meds every 3-4 hrs. Is my body adjusting to the pain or am I over the worst part? I had REALLY bad pain days 7-8 but I think it may be subsiding? I took 1/2 dose of vicodin -just to see if I'll be ok.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

LaurieJ31981 HB UserLaurieJ31981 HB User
Re: How do you know the worst is over w/tonsillectomy?

I had no pain after day 7, none at all not even any discomfort.... You may be good to go, still take it easy, for another 2 weeks or so though... Otherwise looks like the light at the end of your tunnel is getting brighter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
(female)

Zara718 HB User

Oh dear God-I hope so! I actually ate some bread & tzatziki this evening & it felt SO good-I nearly cried! Lol. I think the solid bread helped push down the gunk in my throat-I still had/have pain but it's like 1/10th of what it was. I need to be betters! I have 2 6 year olds who start school on 2 weeks! I want to play with them before it's all over!!!

I think I'm going to do 1/2 doses of vicodin if needed-praying that this is the beginning of the good days! Speedy recovery to all...
Z

Old 07-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
(female)

Zara718 HB User

Ok so I stayed off vicodin all night. Mainly because the pain is bearable but also because I'm constipated(sorry tmi)! I woke up around 3 w/bad pain from
Mouth breathing. My mouth was dry & when I got up to get a drink-my ears began pounding and haven't let up since! The ear pain is almost worse than the throat! I'm chewing gum taking small sips but what else can I do for this awful earache??! It's both sides

Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

LaurieJ31981 HB UserLaurieJ31981 HB User

I took liquid tylenol, I never took the liquid percocet the dr prescribed me... I had the bad ear pain also... Took the tylenol 10-15 mins later the ear pain was gone... and no constipation

Closed Thread