It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
(male)

Muscab HB User
How to fix my ear? Please help me.

Yesterday, I decided to "clean" my right ear with q-tip (yes, I'm dumb). Because of my stupidity, I pushed the q-tip very very deep (probably reached my ear drum). I pushed the q-tip deeply because I want to remove my ear wax but then I realize that it is so stupid. It probably causing my ear wax to coagulate deeply inside my right ear. And now, to be honest, I cannot hear anything from my right ear. I can only hear around 10-20% of my right ear capability. So, what is the problem? Is it because of the deep coagulation of ear wax that blocked my hearing in right ear? Well, I don't know if I damage my ear drum but then I doesn't feel hurt or dizziness at all so I suspect that my ear drum is okay. Beside, if my ear drum is injured, my hearing capability in right ear will be zero, right? Luckily, like I said, I can hear through my right ear but not as good as it normally should be. I decided to do some experiment by closing my left ear and try to listen through my right ear, and yes I can listen but it just around 10-20% of my right ear hearing capability. So please tell me what is the real problem?
If it's has something to do with the ear wax, how to remove it? I have tried baby oil twice in the last 12 hours and of course, it won't work immediately as I have to do it at daily base and it will take time as well. Should I stay with baby oil method or what? If so, how long it will usually take so that the ear wax will gone and my hearing will be back to normal?
Please don't suggest doctor at the moment because I don't want to depend too much on doctor at the moment.

Please help me... Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: How to fix my ear? Please help me.

I did the same thing to both ears about a year ago. I went to a clinic and the nurse flushed out my ears and immediately I could hear again. Why don't you want to go to a doctor?

Last edited by SanyBelle; 08-04-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User

I have never heard of putting baby oil in the ears, but hydrogen peroxide is commonly used to try to loosen up ear wax. There is also something available in the pharmacy called Debrox. It is worth a try. Just remember the old saying "don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
(male)

Octans HB UserOctans HB User

Yeah, that sounds like ear wax problems. I struggled with ear wax problems last month (I didn't know it at the time) and when I went to clinic, the doctor prescribed me 'carbamide peroxide 6.5%'. I put 3 drops in my ear twice a day for 4 days. On the fourth day, my ears were flushed with water.

After the ear drop treatment, you could flush your ear with a blue bulb syringe. Remember, don't point it directly at your ear drum, point it at a slight angle up so it doesn't shoot the water right on your ear. It's preferable to have someone else do it, or even better, a doctor.

Reply Reply