It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
(male)

bperry0101 HB User
Lack of energy after septoplasty

I am hoping that someone can give me some insight, so I don't feel like I am the only one to go through this. I just had a septoplasty on Wednesday the 25th. Everything went well, and I went home with no problems. The usual amoxicillian for infections and vicodin for pain. It has now been 3 days, and I have NO energy what so ever. I just want to sleep. I stopped taking vicodin and just taking regular tylenol thinking maybe it was that. Still no luck. Now I feel like I have the body flu, no fever, but every damn joint and lower back hurt. Have been trying to take it easy, but with a 1 and 4 year old, easier said then done. Just curious if this will stop? I have to go to a conference tomorrow and have no clue how I will get through a week of no energy.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Lack of energy after septoplasty

It is normal to feel tired and drained after even a minor surgery. Most people take a week or two off from work after that procedure. Did you get any post-op instructions, or are you going for a follow-up visit.

Did the surgeon say it was OK to travel so soon? Do you have to fly? Generally flying is not recommended for at least 2 weeks after septoplasty, because the pressure changes may cause bleeding and swelling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
(male)

bperry0101 HB User
Re: Lack of energy after septoplasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
It is normal to feel tired and drained after even a minor surgery. Most people take a week or two off from work after that procedure. Did you get any post-op instructions, or are you going for a follow-up visit.

Did the surgeon say it was OK to travel so soon? Do you have to fly? Generally flying is not recommended for at least 2 weeks after septoplasty, because the pressure changes may cause bleeding and swelling.
I am just going to a university 10 miles away. Only post op was no driving under vicodin and no major lifting or activity for 10 days. Follow up in 2 1/2 weeks

Closed Thread