It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

Phoebempls83 HB User
Unhappy Lump on tonsil

For the last five days I've had swollen glands, a sore throat, headache, coughing up mucus, and difficulty swallowing. I attributed all of these symptoms to the severe canker sores I have on my gums. I get them every once in a while and every once in a great while, they are severe. However, they have never caused a sore throat before. Last night while feeling pretty crappy and my sore throat continuing, I decide to look at my throat. I noticed a strange lump on my tonsil that I had never seen before.

After seeing that, I decided to see a doctor. I couldn't get into my regular doctor because she is booked so I went to urgent care. The doctor there told me that all my symptoms were caused by my canker sores and my lump on my tonsil was normal... I can't help but disagree when I look at the back of my throat. Is it possible to have a NORMAL lump on your tonsil? It looks kind of white but mostly just like throat skin... they also did a strep test that was negative. Any insight?? I think I may get a second opinion but thought I'd try a board first.

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

sheduntno HB User
Re: Lump on tonsil

I am having the same issue. Salt water helps but I can't help but be freaked out by the lump. I don't have a lot if mucous...but I have some and my ears are bothering me a little . Have you had any answers ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply