It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
(male)

Lukeb9433 HB User
Dizziness, low grade fever, weakness, etc

Im 17 years old, and am trying to figure out what's going on - about two weeks ago, I started feeling very lightheaded and weak; I had to lay down.. I then began to feel very dizzy, shaky, and feverish ( I was on a weekend trip, so I didn't have a thermometer).. The symptoms persisted through the night and through the next morning.. On the way back home, I started to feel better.. Through the next week ( mon through fri), I felt fine except when I would try to stand for more then a few minutes, I would start feeling lightheaded and shaky - but that too got better by Fri. On Sat, I had another dizzy spell, but recovered.. On Sun, got dizzy and disorieted again in the afternoon, but this time it persisted.. I have been dizzy almost constantly since - It is Sun again.. Have been feeling very weak, have had a low grade fever on and off , have had stomach and intestinal upset.. Have also had mild headache , pain in mastoid bone (in front of ear canal) and moderate ear and sinus pressure, some bouts of anxiety mid week ( which is uncommon for me) and have had some brain fog and dream-like feel.. Also noticed things look somewhat surreal, especially outside.. Dizziness sometimes feels disorienting, sometimes like I'm on a boat. Still not able to walk very far without feeling lightheaded ..Went to both a GP and ENT - both could find nothing that could cause the symptoms.. ENT said there was no sinus infection ( which I have had in the past) and could not explain the dizziness.. Dizziness is worse in the morning right after I get up, and starts getting bad again in the evening..

Wondering if anyone has any idea what this could be?

Last edited by Lukeb9433; 08-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Lukeb9433:
xSky (09-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

xSky HB UserxSky HB User
Re: Dizziness, low grade fever, weakness, etc

As I read your post, Meniere's Disease came to mind. But then..I'm not quite sure. Do you feel really nauseous when you're dizzy? Have you heard
your heartbeat in any one of your ears? ( pulsatile tinnitus )
If not, then it might not be it.
I don't think I can be of much help to you, but if it makes you feel better I'll be glad to help.
Maybe I can look your symptoms up and see what I can find.

In the meantime, hang in there!!

Oh, one more thing: before you started feeling light-headed and weak, did you have a cold or something? Or maybe you might have taken some medications?

Last edited by xSky; 09-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Reply Reply