It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(male)

KungPaoKitties HB User
6th excruciating day of tonsillitis, won't go away!

Hello, so I'm going on my 6th day of what I have been told is tonsillitis. The first day of it just hit me in the movies, had to go home, wrap myself in two blankets, had bad chills and fever. My throat had been hurting as well, but nowhere near as bad as it is now. Other symptoms are headache, body aches, stiff lower back, back and neck pain. So I went into the ER on Sunday (because doc office wasn't open and liquid NyQuil, Tylenol, ibuprofen, were NOT working). They thought I might have mono, but didn't test for it. They did test for strep but it came back negative. So they gave dexamethasone to recover faster and prescribed me roxicet. After consistently using the roxicet my fever hasn't been as bad as it was. And my fever was, I'm talking like 104 for two days straight without ever letting up. However, my other symptoms most especially sore throat has only gotten worse. I'm waiting on the clock just to reach 6 hours for the dosage timing because of excruciating throat pain. There is also some phlegm in my throat driving me up the wall as I am unable to get it out, and I'm sure only irritating my throat more as I try to "clear it". So I go to the doctor yesterday who tests for mono, yadda, yadda, all negative. However, she is shocked because my symptoms and duration of the severe pain. She prescribed me amoxocillin on the off chance that maybe it'll kill whatever I have if it's bacterial. Thing is though, I'm negative on strep, so is that the only way antibiotics will help? And is still having severe pain common on the 6th day? Also, I'm just curious about everyone elses tonsillitis stories

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply