It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

elizabethanneb HB User
my sons turbinate bone excision after reduction made it infected

my son is called DOminyck he has been through hell and me with him
he had septoplasty and fess and terbinate reduction in april
it did nothibg to help the throat problems he had and still has, as his septum is really jabbig into his turbinate
but the worst thing is he had reduction of turbinate in other side
which he didnt need or want
he had a stinking nostril, and green stuff for four months following it
all the ent said it was normal
we went to another consultant who examined his nose and explained he had a bone exposed which hadnt healed and was unlikely to?
dot know why or how
but he advised surgery to remove it
my son was and is mortified
but he had it done almost two weeks ago
and the surgeon has put him on a course of augmentin first he advised one week then two now hes decided three weeks
as he said the germ was a bad one and the lab identified it as responding to this augmentin

but hes put him on it for three weeks
why is this? my sonn thinks it will always come back and kill him?
can anyone tell me what is happening/ HAS ANYONE Hard of this?
it should have been dealt with earlier but no one looked properly here in blackpool they all said its normal
please help

Old 09-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: my sons turbinate bone excision after reduction made it infected

The surgeon put him in the Augmentin (an antibiotic) to kill the infection. The doctor obviously had the bacteria that is causing the infection identified by the lab and it is probably resistant to some other antibiotics, but responds to the Augmentin so he wants to be sure to knock out the infection.

It is very common for doctors to prescribe an antibiotic for 3-4 weeks or longer when they are trying to treat an infection caused by a bacteria that us resistant to one or more antibiotics. Your son has nothing to worry about from taking Augmentin for 3 weeks (and it sounds like the second doctor you saw knows what he is doing).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply