It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
(male)

Espess2 HB User
Very strange Voice problem....croaky

Hey everyone,

When I was about 14 years old my voice didn't break....normally. (I'm 19 years now, guy ofcourse) What I mean by this is naturally my voice didn't turn deep.

Up until around 16 I stayed with my 'natural' voice. The problem however is it was incredibly high pitched, I couldn't shout, or even talk loudly for that matter. I sounded like a girl. A weird one. At the same time, I noticed I could talk in this 'different' voice, that was deep and loud, like I feel my voice should be. However it was so strange knowing I could talk these two different voices.

At around 16 I changed my voice to the deep one, because I feel that is what my voice should be like, and I had been stopping myself going into it. Right up until this day I talk like that. I believe it's my propper voice because sometimes it would go really high (like it does in puberty etc).

Now, the thing that's bothering me, is that ever since I used this voice, I found it difficult to talk. I've noticed this is only the case when I say a long string of sentences. I start talking and it starts alright, but after about 2 words it becomes really croaky, like I physically cannot say words smoothly at all. If I try and talk quietly simply air just comes out of my mouth and on occasional bits of words a deep 'grunt' will come out, like my voice tried to say a bit.

reading aloud also causes this horribly. Literally like I cannot talk.

I dont know if this is to do with it or not but my voice seems very monotone too, and I cannot sing at ALL.

Now at 19, this is now really bothering me. I'm wanting to be sociable, sound confident, but I feel I physically cannot. My voice just won't. Also, job interviews etc my voice is just a massive croaky deep mess, and I can't add any sort of depth to my voice at all.

I'll probabily see the doctor, it doesn't make me worry so much becuase I've lived with it my whole life, I don't know what normal is like. Its strange, I'd love a normal nice sounding voice. I'd never stop talking!

Maybe someone in the mean time has any idea's what this could be?
I always just presumed puberty but I'm 19 now and it hasn't changed a bit in 4 years.

Thanks a lot everyone, sorry for the long post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply