It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
(male)

speedy2056 HB User
Diagnosed with ETD but have a question

I suffered a knock to the head and suffered immediate quite profound hearing loss in my right ear. I went immediately to the emergency department and was diagnosed with Eustachian tube dysfunction. They said the tube was bulged. I have been given nasal spray but the thing that has me questioning whether it is the correct diagnosis is that my bad ear hears certain tones of sounds better than others. My ear has difficulty hearing high pitched sounds and less difficulty hearing the lower ones. There is generally muffling with the lower pitched sounds.

I thought that if fluid and/or air was blocking the path then I would suffer from hearing loss in all frequencies of sound? This is why I am now concerned that it may be nerve damage.

It has been a month since I banged my head and my hearing has got better to the point where I can hear what people are saying without looking at them if they raise their voice. If I watch a movie on my laptop then the sound is generally picked up in my good ear unless I turn up the volume. Only then will my bad ear pick it up.

I have tinnitus which sounds mainly like a humming. It's like I am next to a refrigerator but have noticed that the tinnitus sound has been changing lately. I have been getting what I can only describe as "dings" that come and go. And I have pulsatile tinnitus with this which is really annoying but has also been getting slightly quieter. The PT is worse when I put my head down or look left or right.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by speedy2056; 09-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply