It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
(male)

danh HB User
Help with post nasal drip & how I was cured from sinusitis

Hi everyone,

Have you found a way to get rid of the post nasal drip and bad breath?

And here is my case: (also including how I was cured from sinusitis and living 10 years free of meds)
- 10 years ago, I had never had allergies but had sinusitis (inflammation, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose...every 2 months) because my immune system was very weak.
- Using all meds & sprays without positive result, those symptoms still reoccured every several weeks.
- Disliking meds, I changed to lift weights (fitness) anytime I got sick ; and the result is my immune system go up like crazy (i.e, I never got sinusitis , cold or fever until now for almost 10 years without meds)
- But I think there was a trade-off, one year after my lifting weight treatment I got severe allergies (to cat's fur, pollen and ... which I have never had before) because my immune system became too strong and sensitive. It killed all foreigners entering my body but at the same time over-reacted to allergic stuffs.
- When I got allergies , I got very stuffy nose and I had to breath by mouth 24/7 so the allergic doctor had no choice but to do the septoplasty(nasal septum deviated surgery) .
- After that I could breathe freely by my nose again. But the bad thing is it left me with some complications:
I had post nasal drip all the times (24/7) and I had to either spit out or swallow this dripping thing all the time.
I think this post ndrip is absolutely from the allergies since septoplasty will not cure your allergies as some docs have said.
It is such an irritation to live with especially when I always felt there is something lumpy in my throat.
- But most terrible at all is one year ago I found out that I had bad breath . But I don't know the cause so I do some research and find out that a lot of people having post nasal drip and bad breath at the same time
- The conclusion is I had no choice but had to do the surgery and surgery + allergies will cause an irritation constantly ( I don't know whether there was something wrong in the surgery procedure or not since I couldn't meet this surgical doctor again).

I don't know whether lifting weight is a factor leading to my allergy or not since in my case there are 2 things happened : 1) The time I got allergy is 1.5 years after I moved to California where there are a lot of pollen 2) The time I got allergy is 1 year after I lifted weight . So I don't know what is the real cause of my allergy but I think both of the above factors are

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Help with post nasal drip & how I was cured from sinusitis

How annoying for you to get rid off one problem only to get another.
I know what it's like not being able to breathe up your nose. For me I can mostly breathe through just one side, sometimes the left sometimes the right. If I get a cold both sides will become blocked and breathing through the mouth makes me so dry.
Sometimes I can be completely clear on both sides.
I find "VICK'S SINEX SPRAY" really good but try not to use it too often when I am fully blocked-up.
Have you tried an "Antihistamine" for the runny nose, it will certainly help if its caused through an allergy.
I have not had any Nasal surgery so cant help you there.

Solofelix.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
(male)

danh HB User

thanks , I just went to the ENT and did the throat endoscopy then she saw a whitish inflammation or or sth in my throat. I currently was given some meds and hope that will help with the pnd & bad breath after 5 days from now. I will post the result later.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
(male)

harry2k HB User

Any changes after the medication?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
(male)

danh HB User

The meds didn't help , I still have post nasal drip and bad breath.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

As I write this, I too have severe nasal drip. It makes me shudder with nausea. I am so desperate for answers.

Reply Reply

Tags
allergy, sinusitis