It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

Canadian Aussie HB User
Headache, left ear drum feels blogged and muffled hearing

For 3 or four days now I have had the above symptoms and it is annoying, as I have never experienced anything like it. It almost feels as though I am underwater and all hearing on the left side is "warped" - answered the phone on left side and the caller sounded like "mickey mouse" but I couldn't understand a thing. I swapped to the right ear, and it was perfectly clear. It scares me. I also have a lack of appetite, which is very unusual for me and feeling a little nauseaus and achy. I did have what felt like the beginning of a cold/flu at the same time it started (claggy throat) but that seems to have gone away.

I have a couple of subluxations, so I'm a regular at the chiropractor, but the other night I had a thai massage which was really full-on and the symptoms started since then.

I had a root canal in May this year, and have had 1 missing tooth right at the back (no-one can see it) lower left for 15 years. Wondering if this is TMJ with the little I have read about that. Have had a lot of stress the last five months - adopted a baby, travelling to China and back and work related stress.

Grateful for any thoughts, feedback.

Happy Thanksgiving (canadian)

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
(female)

textwoman HB User
Re: Headache, left ear drum feels blogged and muffled hearing

If you have trouble with one ear, that is usually trouble. Get to a good ENT. You might have Meneire's. Chief symptom is usually an ear that feels full. Hearing reduction. There is a fluid in the inner ear. (not swimmers' ear)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
head ache, hearing vibration, tmj