It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
(male)

suparas HB User
lpr

Hello,
I am suparas and I am from India. I am right now suffering from a very strange and peculiar disease probably called LPR. It has been two years since i am into suffering and life has really come to standstill. As i am into teaching profession
I nomore enjoy teaching and everything has become very difficult to manage. My symptoms are very similar to that of LPR but doctors here dont even understand when i narrate my pathetic story, they simply discard me by saying that you have GERD AND ANXIETY PROBLEMS. It is very difficult for me to talk
for hours together because my profession demands so. Now my worklaod has been reduced to three hours compared to eight hours, but still i found it a mamoth task to hang on. My symptoms are worse in the morning the whole throat seems like something is struck over there, repeated throat clearing redness on the either of the throat and my fibreoptic laryngoscopy showed patchydermia. I now request my fellow contributors on this site to please throw light what should i do to overcome this problem, any suggestion in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance and good day to everybody.

Last edited by suparas; 10-09-2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: alignment was not proper

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
(female)

laurienluke HB User
Re: lpr

Hi Suparas,
I'm not going to be of much help to you as I am new to this misery too. My doctor said I had Silent Reflux which as near as I can tell means the same thing as LPR. I am taking 30 mg. of Prevacid daily but have only been on it for one week so I'm not sure how it will go. Also, they put me on a bland diet so basically I can't anything that tastes good. That stinks but if it makes this sore throat go away I'm willing to live with it. I did read that people with LPR should actually sleep lying flat as opposed to propped up like they say to do with GERD. This is a horrible, long and frustrating illness. I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

noni2 HB Usernoni2 HB User

I usually go to the "acid reflux/gerd" board for info about lpr. Have you looked on that board lots more info there. Try it, lots of people with lpr posting there. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
(female)

peebles HB User

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with LPR. I understand what you are going through. This is absolutely ENT related so it makes sense to post here as well as on the acid reflux forums. Acid reducers do not help a whole lot during my flare up. A few users who have seen many different ENT doctors finally came across one theory that may hold weight: that the sore throat you feel may not be from acid alone but actually be due to hyper sensitivity of the veins along the esophagitis and/or larynx.

I am not allowed to post direct links here but if you Google "hypersensitive lpr" you will find the user and the exact thread I am referring to. This person tried a medication that heals nerve damage. I am going to ask my doctor if I can try this same medication. As soon as I see her I will try to remember and post my update.

How have you felt recently? Is it better or worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni2 View Post
I usually go to the "acid reflux/gerd" board for info about lpr. Have you looked on that board lots more info there. Try it, lots of people with lpr posting there. Good luck.

Reply Reply