It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
(male)

mannishboy2000 HB User
Severe Nose Pain, Redness, Bumps

My symptoms have been disappearing and re appearing, but worsening all the time. The nose pain is bizarre and very painful - as if I have been punched in the nose.

It starts with my nose being sore to the touch, typically on the very tip around the cartilage and just on the inside of my nostril. Eventually a slightly elevated lump develops on the outside of my nose and a red mark will appear surrounding the center of the affected area. It seems to "surface" on the outside within a few days. Here's a photo:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b573/mannishboy2000/noseproblem.jpg

Could this be allergies? While I have never heard of this sort of allergic reaction, I recently started spending quite a bit of time a my girlfriend's house - where she allows her cats to sleep in her bed. It seems plausible that this could be some sort of abnormal allergic reaction, my nose does seem to be stuffy when I am around the cats. But then again, I do not experience any eye symptoms or runny nose.

I am taking a fairly high dose of Adderall (up to 80mgs p/d) and read that there are some nose problems (rosacea?) that correspond with vascular problems. Any thoughts?

Every time I make an appointment with my doctor the symptoms have already subsided. The last time I saw my ENT she sent me to a neurologist - I don't think she believed me when I told her it gets really red and painful!

Advise greatly appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

loralei HB User
Re: Severe Nose Pain, Redness, Bumps

That does sound strange. WHy don't you try taking some claritin or benadryl? If it is, in fact, allergies those should give you some noticeable relief right away. (Benadryl faster than claritin)

Reply Reply

Tags
allergies, nose pain, rosacea