It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
(male)

lokiie1984 HB User
Adenoid issues

Ever since i was a kid i have always had the "wind through a tunnel" sound effect when i tried to sleep, lots of dry whistling. Then about 8 years ago give or take it slowly began to run, and it as just gotten worse and worse as time went on.

Now it will run obsessively when i wake up (some times it wakes me up, other times should i get up to go to the bathroom it will start up) for hours. And its always congested. I don't think i have easily breathed through my nose in at least 6 years, and i lost my sense of smell around then too. Some times it will come back but its pretty rare.

Since this all started i have just been putting up with it, figuring it was an allergy or maybe from my smoking. My dad however told me to look up Adenoids one day, saying he had to have his removed as a kid. Now that i have, the symptoms are almost exact from what i can find out. But everything I'm finding says its not supposed to be an issue with adults (I'm 28 years old.)

Now for my questions; i have found a couple posts across the internet where adults have found this to be the issue but the doctors refuse to do an operation to remove the adenoids. If this turns out to be the problem, am i going to have to fight with them to do it?

And then also what exactly would be the procedure to both diagnose the issue and then would they plan to load me up on say antibiotics or other meds for a while before considering the operations?

I do have an appointment for the 13th of this month to try and figure it all out, I'm just trying to do a little research while i wait for it to come up.

Thanks for any info that anyone is able to give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply