It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
(male)

classicsnare05 HB User
Numb Lip 10 Days Post Tonsillectomy

After my tonsillectomy I noticed a small cut on the inside of my lower lip and have had a numb/tingling sensation in the middle section of my lower lip (a small part of my front tooth was also chipped during the surgery). It is now 10 days since my surgery, and my lip looks completely healed, but the numbness is still there. Has anyone else dealt with this same situation and what was the end result? Will this numb feeling go away? Is there anything I can do to assist the healing process of whatever nerve was damaged? Thanks.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
(female)

yrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB Useryrsofpainsucks HB User
Re: Numb Lip 10 Days Post Tonsillectomy

I had this happen when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I did not have a cut but one side of my lip was numb for weeks. It took a couple of months for the feeling to return completley. Your situation seems a little different however and my recomendation would be to call your doc. Tell them what you are experiencing and they can guide you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply