It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
(male)

notafan HB User
Neck Pain Spreading

Hi everyone. I've been battling a weird string of symptoms for 1 week now and I'm a bit puzzled. It all began late Sunday night of last week. It had been an ordinary Sunday for me - had been to the gym several hours before, but didn't do any weights, only treadmill and leg exercises. I was sitting on the computer and suddenly I felt like I had a really bad neck cramp. I started massing it, as it hurt, and I figured it was a cramp that would go away, though I didn't normally get neck cramps. When the cramp first developed, the pain was about half way between my shoulder and left side of the neck. It still hurts if I apply pressure.

On Tuesday, dizziness started. The dizziness occurred if I looked right or left. This has come and gone. The pain then also started near my left ear, right under the ear. The pain has always been there when looking right and left (hurts the opposite direction, which ever way I look). The dizziness has subsided for a day or two. Today I noticed most of the pain seemed to be coming from the back of my head.

I went to urgent care on Friday and was with the doctor about a minute before he prescribed me Vicodin and an antibiotic. This is my 2nd day on the antibiotic.. He didn't say my ears looked infected, but I believe put me on the antibiotic as a precationary measure.

Does anyone have any thoughts what this might be?? I've never had any neck pain. The only issue I've ever had is with my left shoulder, coincidentally, which I dislocated in December, 2010 and still pops occasionally...but I wouldn't think this problem would be related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply