It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
(male)

agarland14 HB User
Swollen Tonsils (Only At Random Times of Day)

For anyone whose had tonsillitis before: were your tonsils swollen all the time or only during certain parts of the day such as during exercise or at the end of the day when you were tired? Mine are swollen only some of the time and the rest of the time I am fine. In fact, I've had increased energy since around the time my tonsils began to get inflammation about 2 weeks ago. For example, I'll go to bed at 11PM, wake up at 4AM for work at 6AM and feel like I slept for 8-10 hours. My depression was so severe I used to sleep 3/4 of the day. So mono seems rather unlikely. Plus, they believed I had it in 8th grade but the symptoms went away before they tested for it. I also did 4 or 5 days of an antibiotic called Cefuroxime Axetil that didn't help at all. My doctor prescribed some allergy med called cetirizine which hasn't helped at all thus far. I'm just not sure what to think... Help would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I started working out 6 of 7 days of the week on 01/12 when I joined a gym. I also coincidentally began feeling the effects of my bipolar/depression meds at the same time. Probably unrelated but could the pre-workout supplement I take called Cellucor C4 be to blame for my change in sleeping habits? It has Nitric Oxide in it which is supposed to act like Melatonin and promotes REM sleep and it has a type of creatine. I read that creatine monohydrate can make the onset of SSRI's up to 50% earlier. I began taking my SSRI about 4 weeks ago and I started feeling better around 1.5 weeks ago. Might I add that this is the second time I've tried Zoloft and nothing happened the first time around.

Sorry to ramble on. Even though most of which were good, I've had a lot of seemingly unexplained changes happen recently. I'm just trying to get answers. Now if I could only get rid of these swollen tonsils HAHA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply