It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

MichelleBer HB User
Unhappy Ears blocked & vertigo over 1 1/2 months

Hi - My sinuses were "swollen" all Fall. Then I got sick on 12/15 & they filled up. I became off balance/dizzy, ears blocked (but it can vary ear to ear & degree of blocked feeling can vary) and have pressure in my head & ears. I do not have headaches or blurred vision. (Although looking left/right/up/down can make me blurred for a couple seconds).
Primary Care had me try 2 weeks of strong antibiotic which did nothing.
I went to an ENT who put me on Prednisone for 15 days. By day 9, I was no better so I just went back. He said he now thinks that this is not related to my sinuses (the Prednisone would have cleared that) however he said it could be Vestibular Migraines or Meniere's Disease. I am going in for inner ear testing, balance testing & hearing testing to see what that shows. If it shows nothing or something (I guess), he will then send me for an MRI.
I am at wit's end here. This is making me crazy. I am now thinking that I have a brain tumor. I am also turning into a depressed invalid. I have 2 children to take care of & even leaving the house is getting hard with the off balance thing.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
(female)

mollyalise HB User
Re: Ears blocked & vertigo over 1 1/2 months

I know exactly how you feel only this is my situation.. you will see the similarity.
I came down with the flu last wednesday. literally out of no where.. thats when the whokle not feeling all there/off balance feeling began..
Felt like I only had that for about a day but was sick still with what seemed like a head cold.
Went back to the doctor this monday because my face hurt so bad, and my ears were hurting(not all the time) but inconsistantly did.
WEnt in and found out that I have a sinus and ear infection and was put on cefdinir an antiiotic that I have never used before.
The last 3 days I have still had pain in my face, off and on. my ears still hurt and dont feel like they are getting much better. i wake up in the middle of the night feeling like they are full and as I am awake and going through my days gets better. I am constantly feeling like my vision is blurry, and feel almost like i am drunk or something.. even when sitting down doing absoltely nothing i feel off balance.. I am nauseaus and just want to feel normal again!

I know that I have been told alot that seeing an ent is the best optiion ear infections can cause alot of the symptoms that we are both having. I to worry and panic that maybe I have a brain tumor or something because I have never felt like this before, but what comforts me is that statistics say about 98 percent of the things we actually worry about never happen
it is probably something that can be treated and fixed once diagnosed and the real frustrating part is just getting the diagnoses!

Keep me posted on what they say to you!!
Hope this helped a little bit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply