It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
(male)

alich HB User
Allergic Rhinitis

I last got a check up from Bangkok Hospital,Bangkok,Thailand.
The doctor performed a ct scan which results are as follow:

Minimal mucoperiosteal thickening in bilateral maxilliary, bilateral ethmoid and bilateral sphenoid sinuses; due to minimal siusitis

No evidence of sinonasal drainage pathway compromise.

No focal soft tissue mass or fluid level

No bony wall expansion or destruction

Congest/Swelling at bilateral inferior and bilateral middle turbinates

The nasal septum is deviated and convexity to right

No defininte focal mass or polyposis at nasal cavity

Normal orbits, baske of skull, mastoid air cells, and nasopharnyx

Normal viabrant bilateral Agger nasi cells, left concha bullosa and left haller cell

I had a allergy test done from Samitivej Sirinakarin Hospital,Bangkok Thailand before which came out

HEENT congested nasal turbinate 70 - 80%, tonsil 1+, TM intact,

Heart and Lung: within normal limit,

Abdomen: no hepato-splenomegaly,

Skin: no rash

Skin ***** test aeroallergen : positive 3+ to House Dust mite

Samitivej hospital diagnosed it as Allergic Rhinitis and Bangkok hospital has diagnosed it as Allergic Rhinitis.

They both have advised me anti allergic and nasal spray.I have taken many anti-allergy medicines and nasal sprays in the past for more than one and a half year but there was no improvement.Lastly as advised by ENT in Bangkok Hospital I took xyzal (antiallergic) tablet and nasonex spray.I did not have any improvement.I email the doctor that after one month there is no improvement and he replied that I should continue taking nasal spray only.Can you tell me what is going on with me? Why do I constantly feel a stretch in my nose? why doctors say that there is nothing in your reports everything is normal? what should I do? I have had a turbinate reduction surgery in the past but it was of no use. I have no social life as I am always scared that my nose will get blocked, how will I beath? what will happen to me? I would have to run to a hospital emergency to get oxygen.I can not drive, have no social life because of the constant strech in my nose and feeling breathless from nose.Kindly provide me an advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergic Rhinitis

Have you considered allergy injections for the dust mites? Have you allergy proofed your home/bedding? I think that's the place to start.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

alich HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Have you considered allergy injections for the dust mites? Have you allergy proofed your home/bedding? I think that's the place to start.
Yes, I have done that by reading from the internet.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
(male)

alich HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alich View Post
Yes, I have done that by reading from the internet.
I have tried everything to make home/bed mites free but I have not got allergy shots as no ENT has advised me and they have side effects also.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
(male)

alich HB User

How can I make my bed/home allergy proof according to you? What do you understand from my ct scan report?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

ENTs don't always do allergy injections. And most people do not have side effects that can't be managed with antihistamines. I'd find an allergist instead of an ENT for that problem. Have you considered having the deviated septum repaired? The ENT would do that. It should help the stuffed up nose but not the allergies.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
(male)

alich HB User

I have had corrected the deviated septum last time when I had reduction surgery.Maybe the doctor did not correct it properly.Every ENT has discussed my ct scan images with me and even showed me using a nasal camera in my nose that my septum is not that much deviated all passages are clear in my nose.

Reply Reply