It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
(male)

kazo0 HB User
Tonsillectomy recovery

Hi everyone,

I am a 23 year-old male and I had my tonsillectomy on Friday February 15th, I didn't have the best recovery. The night of my surgery day I was sick at home and the vomiting caused me to start bleeding, I spent the night in the hospital until the bleeding stopped and the nausea was gone. After that things went smoothly until last Thursday (Feb. 21) where I started to bleed A LOT. The blood was flowing out of my mouth and nose and I was vomiting up any blood that went down into my stomach. By the end of it I bled at the very least 500ml, closer to 750. After spending that Thursday night and Friday night in the hospital, I am back at home and I have much less pain now.

I am just wondering how much longer it would take until I am back to normal? My throat is still white but there does seem to be less than before. My pain is really not that bad, now I just take liquid Tylenol whenever the pain gets too annoying. Also, my throat had a lot of bubbles in the back on top of the white scabs, is that normal? I'm guessing it's just saliva?

I know people that said they were back to normal after 10 days, eating normally and everything, I am around day 10 right now I guess but with the setbacks from the bleeding I am guessing my recovery has extended?

I am just worried because people say that the pain gets better before it gets much worse, so am I past the worst now or will the pain be coming back?

Thanks

Last edited by kazo0; 02-25-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply