It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
(female)

ssparks2 HB User
i had my tonsils removed exacatly a week ago NOW I NEED SOME HELP

A week ago i had my tonsils out and ive been in recovery . Today i spit a chunk that was quite firm and it was tan . It looked to have some greenish spots in it and smelt gross can you please help is this normal ?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

Heardjr HB User
Re: i had my tonsils removed exacatly a week ago NOW I NEED SOME HELP

I had my tonsils and aednoids removed on March 28. I experienced the same thing you described this evening. It was nasty looking! Tanish with darker spots, greenish, blackish and smelled terrible! I am not sure what this is but if you ever found out I would like to know! Also, hope your recovered by now! How long did your recovery take? I am on day 8. Each day gets worse I feel like I'm on a dead end road and ready to jump off ship at this point. The medication doesn help and i have infection that has set in on top of where they removed the tonsils. Any advice would help, but again hope your feeling much better by now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
(female)

adpace HB Useradpace HB User

No worries - what you are seeing is probably pieces of the scab coming off. That is completely normal and happens around this time. The only thing I would think you should be really concerned about is if you have a lot of bleeding because when the scabs start to come off is when you have the greatest risk of bleeding too much.

Hang in there! It does get better. I did not eat one bite of solid food for somewhere between 12-14 days. I had some really huge tonsils, so my recovery may have been longer than some, but by the end of 3 weeks, I was almost fully recovered. I know it seems hard while you are going through it, but I found it to be very worth it in the end as I haven't had a strep throat infection in the 2 years since I had mine out.

My biggest advice would be to get you some ice (I constantly had my husband making trips to Sonic to buy some since theirs seems to have a kind of softness to it) and get as much liquid down as possible. The ice can really help to ease the pain some and keeps you hydrated. Don't despair, you will make it through.
Good luck!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
(female)

Stephanieing HB User

Tonsils are one of the mainly misunderstand structures in the throat, not only by ... has Traditional teaching stated that tonsils are glands in the throat that help to fight and struggle infection. .....

Reply Reply