It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
(female)

riley522 HB User
Day 10 Recovery

Hello. This is my first post. I am so glad that I found this forum. Anyway, I am a 40 year woman who had both tonsils removed on March 11. My ENT doctor (who also is a cancer surgeon) wanted to biopsy them because they were asymmetrical and I have the three high risk factors of head and neck cancer: smoking drinking, and HPV. I just got my results and I am cancer-free! I also haven't had a drink or cigarette in two weeks! I see this as a new lease on life. I really did not have much pain as long as I kept up with my Lortab every 4-6 hours and I stayed super hydrated. I planned a week in advance by buying lots of water, power zeros, popsicles, broths, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, italian ice, etc.. I stayed away from dairy because I heard it produces mucus which could sit on the wounds. I also bought a cool mist humidifier which I have been using all the time.
My question is when will my scabs start to sluff off? It is day 10 and nothing has happened. Also, does any one know when my uvula will return to its normal size? The swelling of my tongue and uvula has gone down, but they still do not look like they used to. Also, there looks to be a gash on the left side of my uvula. Any answers would help. Thanks so much!

Reply Reply