It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

valthegal HB User
7 months of throat n Ear Pain. Please Help

I have been having problems with the feeling of something stuck in my throat and bad pain in my neck on the left side and ear pain on my left side. The pain on my left side comes and goes but when it comes it is major pain and last several days even weeks. I take a ppi blocker because doctor thought I may have acid reflux but I never have heartburn or reflux. I had an egd done yesterday and the doctor told me I have a hital hernia very small and an inflammed stomach. Could this be causing my throat and ear pain? I'm worried I have something more serious wrong with my throat. This has been going on for 7 months now. At one time I was eating a granola bar and a piece got stuck in my throat for a day and a half. This happened months ago. Could it be that I have silent reflux and it comes up and inflames the left side of my throat and that causes the bad ear pain? My doctor told me my esophagus looked good no damage. Looking for any help. My throat stays so dry all the time I blame it on the dry air in my house but don't know.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

JenPlus2 HB User
Re: 7 months of throat n Ear Pain. Please Help

Hi Val-
In my reading about possible irritants to the Eustachian tubes because of my own year+ problem in dealing with issues with them, I've learned that irritation/ inflammation of the throat can actually cause ear pain. The Eustachian tube opens in the nasopharynx, basically straight back from your nose, but in your throat. I've definitely read about acid reflux causing ear pain. I don't experience this myself, but I think that could be what's happening with you. I'd research some more on acid reflux problems causing ear pain, it might make you feel better to see that others do have it and I always feel better in general when I'm well informed.
Hope you'll be feeling better very soon,
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
(female)

chuckchuckchick HB User
Re: 7 months of throat n Ear Pain. Please Help

Hi,
Have had reflux problems for years. This year in January had very sore throat on the left side with earache. After a number of weeks saw an ENT consultant who found all was well on laryg scope, he followed it up with a CT scan two weeks later.
The ENT consultant re-checked me again with a scope on my last visit.
The CT scan showed all was well thank goodness.
I make sure I don't eat after 6-30pm, my last drink is at 8-30pm. My bed head is raised by 8 inches. I'm now trying soya milk. No cheese.
My GP is starting to think I may have a bile reflux, the PPI's sort of work.
My diet is very limited, all the things I love I dont eat anymore.
But my sore throat has more or less gone now.
Several years ago I was checked & found to have H. pylori. I had the treatment for that, and hoped all would be OK. It was for a time, but the reflux came back.
Keep the stress levels down, stress will make the reflux worse.
Hope thats of help.
Just an after thought, dont try these various or vinegar remedys, stick with what your Dr gives you, I myself get severe heartburn taking multivitamins.

Last edited by chuckchuckchick; 04-09-2013 at 02:52 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to chuckchuckchick For This Useful Post:
valthegal (04-16-2013)
Reply Reply