It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

NoblessCXV HB User
Something weird going on with ears and sinus'

For about 3 months now my sinus' have been really bad. For the first month up until about late February I had a lot of pain inbeteeen my eyes and a bit of ringing in my ears. I never got a diagnosis for it but I think it might've been a sinus infection because it always felt like something in my nose was inflammed. But the weird thing is sometimes I get these "episodes" where it's like I get a sense something bad is about to happen and my ears are more alert to sounds. It always makes me stop what I'm doing and focus on what's about to happen. I've also developed anxiety because of this. The ear thing is really weird though, it's hard to describe its almost like a deafening sound.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
(female)

Beehappee HB User
Re: Something weird going on with ears and sinus'

I wouldn't mess around with what you 've described. Get an appt with an ear nose and throat doctor or internist or go to Immediate Care. Let us know!! I'm worried for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
(male)

NoblessCXV HB User

Actually the first night when it happened my mother took me to the ER because she felt my pulse and she said it felt erratic which might've been a panic attack because my chest muscles tightened but was painless. They did standard tests(blood test, EKG, check up) and everything was normal. I also I had an EKG done by a cardiologist a month later in early February and it came back normal.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
(female)

Beehappee HB User

I've had two sinus infections, and, went to doctor two other times when it WASN'T a sinus infection! All 4 times it felt the same! Just as you described with the pain along the sinus's beneath my eyes and pain behind my eyes. But, only twice did I have the actual infection. The doctor said there needs to be a green discharge from your nose. If it's clear, then it's not infected in there. I did get over all 4 of these. The two that I had I got really sick, like it felt like the flu with body aches and crummy feeling. The antibiotics worked, but, I missed work for a week! Good luck!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
(female)

dryad271 HB User

I'd get it checked out by an ENT if you can. They can do a simple scope up your nose and see a bit of the way in there right in the office. (Painless, no big deal) You might have a lurking chronic infection. It could be affecting inner ears too, which makes for some weird feelings as well A bad sinus infection can set off panic attacks depending on what else you have going on...this summer I had a bad sinus infection and was hyperthyroid to boot. By the time I figured out what was going on and got antibiotics and reduced my dose of thyroid meds and some herbs I was taking, I was thoroughly convinced I was GOING TO DIE. I got better pretty quickly once I had some drugs, though. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
(female)

MollyW2013 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehappee View Post
I've had two sinus infections, and, went to doctor two other times when it WASN'T a sinus infection! All 4 times it felt the same! Just as you described with the pain along the sinus's beneath my eyes and pain behind my eyes. But, only twice did I have the actual infection. The doctor said there needs to be a green discharge from your nose. If it's clear, then it's not infected in there. I did get over all 4 of these. The two that I had I got really sick, like it felt like the flu with body aches and crummy feeling. The antibiotics worked, but, I missed work for a week! Good luck!

BEEHAPPEE - You said you have had two other times where you had pain behind the eye and it WASNT a sinus infection. Just curious, what was it those two times?

Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
(female)

Beehappee HB User

Allergies. The doctor gave me prescription nose spray, told me to rinse my sinus's twice a day with the Netty Pot, and take Aleve. It eventually went away, and, I have to say that nose spray made it feel so much better.

Reply Reply