It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
(female)

cuddiebear HB User
Someone PLEASE help me!

Going on for 6 weeks now I have been Severely Dizzy, ringing in my ears, pressure in my ears, trouble concentrating, focusing. Have spent most of the past 6 weeks in bed. Have not driven my car for 6 weeks as well.

I have been to the hospital 3 times admitted 2 of them for 3 days each)
MRI
Cat Scan
Blood Work

ENT- who had a hearing test done, said he did not see anything wrong, sent me for VNG test. Results of that came back only showing some fluttering of the eyes.

Neurologist did what I thought a terrible check of me, basically asked me a few questions, checked my reflexes, poked me with a safety pin, and checked my strength. Asked me if anyone in my family suffered from depression and I told him my mom and brother were both Bi-Polar. He then concluded that I have depression.

Another Neurologist who saw me in the hospital said he thought it was Menieres Disease. ENT doctor cannot confirm this because as of now I have NO hearing loss.

Have been to my family doctor about 10 times in the past 6 weeks. They keep on changing my meds around, nothing seems to work. ENT Wants me to get another opinion from Neurologist. I am at my wits end, everyone keep telling me they are finding NOTHING yet I feel like total crap!

The pressure in my ears I awful. Anyone have any ideas where I should turn next? PLEASE HELP ME

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Someone PLEASE help me!

Hi...did you happen to have a cold/flu in the weeks previous to you getting dizzy?

What medications exactly are you on?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

cuddiebear HB User

I have not had a cold or been sick for some time now. My medications are effient (I have a stent in one of my arteries) which was one of the first things they checked in the hospital. Blood pressure/ and cholesterol meds.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
(female)

bettyjoy2345 HB User

Hi, I am sorry your feeling so terrible. Its no fun being sick for that long. I have been sick with a cough for six weeks or so. I even had a fever a couple of times. Never had anything like these.. Strange illnesses going around these days.
Good luck

Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

emilyj22 HB User

it sounds like a stephiod senius infection which is located very far up near brain stem. it should show up with a ct of brain or head. It sounds exactly like that. regular course of antibiotics does not help usually. It takes a lot of antibiotics to cure

Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

cuddiebear HB User

They did a catscan when I was in the hospital. That and the MRI both showed nothing.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
(female)

peebles HB User

Hi there,

First off, I feel for pain. This may or may not be what you have but it sounds pretty similar... my boyfriend recently went through Labyrinthitis. His symptoms were: severe dizziness (he needed gravol just to be in bed), ringing in ears, rapid eye movement when eyes were open, imbalance, and fullness or stuffed ear sensation. Doctor could never fully determine the cause but offered a few theories... that it was a cold or viral infection that somehow impacted the middle ear (responsible for balance) and has left its imprint and will require re-training (eye exercises, these can be found online) and was told to abstain from alcohol and stress. We wondered if it was ear crystals (you can google that as well... an ENT will use a manuvre to whack you hard and dislodge those crystals) and lastly... impacted ear wax pressing on the ear drum. This one has lots of physical evidence to back it up (he had to get his ear flushed twice) - as a result he cannot wear headphones or else the bass frequency impacts the wax (I kid you not).

So I don't know if any of the above helps... again, I could be waaaay off base. But it does sound familiar. Please give us an update when you can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddiebear View Post
Going on for 6 weeks now I have been Severely Dizzy, ringing in my ears, pressure in my ears, trouble concentrating, focusing. Have spent most of the past 6 weeks in bed. Have not driven my car for 6 weeks as well.

I have been to the hospital 3 times admitted 2 of them for 3 days each)
MRI
Cat Scan
Blood Work

ENT- who had a hearing test done, said he did not see anything wrong, sent me for VNG test. Results of that came back only showing some fluttering of the eyes.

Neurologist did what I thought a terrible check of me, basically asked me a few questions, checked my reflexes, poked me with a safety pin, and checked my strength. Asked me if anyone in my family suffered from depression and I told him my mom and brother were both Bi-Polar. He then concluded that I have depression.

Another Neurologist who saw me in the hospital said he thought it was Menieres Disease. ENT doctor cannot confirm this because as of now I have NO hearing loss.

Have been to my family doctor about 10 times in the past 6 weeks. They keep on changing my meds around, nothing seems to work. ENT Wants me to get another opinion from Neurologist. I am at my wits end, everyone keep telling me they are finding NOTHING yet I feel like total crap!

The pressure in my ears I awful. Anyone have any ideas where I should turn next? PLEASE HELP ME

Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
(female)

cuddiebear HB User

I was at an ent doctor where they had me get a vng. They told me that everything seemed normal, except for my eyes flutter around some. Can't remember what he called it. I have not had and flu, cold, or infection in quite sometime. The doctors are probably getting tired of seeing me over and over. I just don't know where to turn anymore, I feel so crappy.

Reply Reply

Tags
dizzyness, headaches, pressure in ear, ringing ears