It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

parachick HB User
Reflux or throat cancer?

Began about six weeks ago. A feeling of something kind of like a piece of peanut (which I have't eaten) sticking me in the base of my throat, above collar bone on left side. Visit to take care clinic resulted in course of amoxicillin, Flonase, and told to take antihistamine. 15 days later back to regular doc, was told I had fluid behind my ear drums, sinus drainage, and possibly reflux. Again, Zyrtec, Prilosec and Flonase. The feeling of lump in throat also appeared in lower front of throat. After a few days I felt so rotten I just stopped all meds. Spot in throat still there along with feeling of actually feeling something further up on left side of throat, also front of throat under Adam's apple. Saw ENT 4 days ago who used a scope through nose and down throat but could not see far enough down for irritations. He put me on 40 mg of omeprazole before supper as he saw redness behind my adnoids which he attributed to reflux. I am going for a modified barium swallow Tuesday.....The feeling of something constantly in my throat along with hoarseness has me in a state of high anxiety. No matter how much research I do, I can't get worse case scenario thoughts out of my head. I find it hard to believe reflux could feel like something that won't budge. P.S. I don't have any trouble swallowing although sometimes it feels a little painful when hitting that spot.

Reply Reply

Tags
hoarseness, lump in throat, reflux, throat