It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

Shellyl1107 HB User
Swallowing

I know this is going to sound crazy but a couple of weeks ago I realized that I have trouble swallowing without anything in my mouth. I went into a panic attack immediately. I stopped at a store and bought a water and was able to swallow that no problem. I do get dry mouth occasionally from being a diabetic but I am aware when I even have the slightest of dry mouth. This was not the case the first time this happened. It has happened about 5 or 6 times this month. Again I can swallow liquids no problem. I had problem swallowing a bite of pizza one time and had to drink some water in order for the pizza to go down. I have since discovered that if I cough I can swallow again but I have to cough every time I try to swallow for about half and hour. It doesn't happen every day and my throat doesn't hurt at all. I have diabetes, fibroymalgia, Gerd (which hasn't effected me in over a year, gastroparisis which is no longer and issue since it was a medication that caused it, degenerative disc disease, depression and anxiety I am on Metformin, effexor, glimipiride, gabapentin, and two pain meds. I have tried researching on the internet but everything I have found is about not being able to swallow liquid or food and that's not my problem. Has this happened to anyone else. Where you diagnosed with anything? What type of doctor should I see. It is difficult when this does happen to swallow my medications but if I swallow water right away I have no problems. Meds are the only thing I have had a small issue with besides the one time with a piece of Pizza.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply