It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
(male)

Maestro007 HB User
It all started when I got flu. I need your help!

First of all I am so glad I found this site. Where do I start?. My life has been absolute hell since this started.

It all started when I got flu. My left ear became blocked and I could not hear. I went to a clinic and they said I have a infection and not to worry and gave me antibiotics. I finished them and still the ear did not clear. This time I went to a private Doctor and he prescribed me with decongestant pills. Again same thing and I had to go back and then he gave me strong antibiotics. None of this worked. I managed to get a appointment at a hospital and went to have a hearing test done, not once but twice and I passed both times. The Doctor then referred me to a ENT. I waited months and months getting more depressed every day and all these negative thoughts ran thru my mind. I became very withdrawn and did not enjoy the usual things I used to love like watching movies as I could not hear.

I even tried Traditional medicine and paid so much money to this Herbal Doctor and he prescribed me also with some nasal spray and again no results. I went to a African Doctor and he gave me this herbal medicine and again no results. I had to go back to the clinic again and I got more antibiotics no results. Finally my ENT appoinment was due after months of waiting and the Doctor had me take another 2 hearing tests which I passed again with flying colors. They also took my blood. After 2 weeks I went and did a CT Scan and then again waited some weeks. Ok so I go for my follow up with the ENT another Doctor this time and he checked my blood and all was fine no problem at all. The CT scan also was perfect and nothing was wrong. So now that ENT prescribed me with Beclate nasal spray and diagnosed me with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and wants to see Me again in another whopping 3 months.

I am a music producer and sound engineer and I cannot work like this. I find it hard to concentrate and to even be happy about anything lately even music. I am very down and frustrated with this blocked left ear and not my normal happy self.

Any advice you can give me is much appreciated as this is slowly killing me inside and out and I am losing my spirit all together.

I need your help.

Riaan

The following user gives a hug of support to Maestro007:
TL81 (05-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
(male)

mh214 HB User
Re: It all started when I got flu. I need your help!

What's up maestro i can relate with you also bro. I started with a cold that turned to a sinus infection and then an ear infection. All I can say is that it sucks dude I totally understand. I got the whole eustachian tube thing too man, my ears are always stuffy and feel full of pressure too and have been for the last three months. Don't let it get you down so much I was just like you the first month and even had to result to anxiety medicine for a while but I left it alone now cause I didn't wanna become dependent on it. Just take it one day at a time and when you feel your lowest try and distract yourself by staying busy. I know it's alot easier said then done but you can overcome it.

Reply Reply

Tags
ear, ear clogged, ear congestion