It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
(male)

Dkace HB User
Woke up ear pressure and pain?

I woke up a little bit ago and my left ear has pain and pressure and feels like sounds muffled and its almost like loud things give me pain in that ear, currently I have a cold I'm getting over my nose is still very stuffy but other than that I'm getting better. I would like some advice I am a very paranoid person about health so I just want to make sure it's not something deadly the first thing that comes to mind is brain tumor could anyone reassure me that its not or what it is and how to go about fixing it.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Woke up ear pressure and pain?

Hi,
Your not alone I have the exact same. Very bad cold, ears blocked up with constant ringing noises.
I believe it is mucus in the Eustation tube and this happens every time I get a cold. I have found on previous occasions that this can last for some weeks during and after a cold.
I'm sure your's is due to your cold and will go eventually.
It's a horrible feeling and I have tried every thing for mine. Nasal Spray, Decongestants, nothing shifts it until the cold goes completely.
Do you have a blocked Nose because that generally goes with it.
If you have continuing pain I would advice you see your Dr as you could have an infection,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
(male)

Dkace HB User
Re: Woke up ear pressure and pain?

I went to the doctor earlier today he said my ear needs to pop if it doest tonight I have to go and get antibiotics to prevent infection tomorrow I've tried everything he gave me something nothing's working thanks for the help.

Reply Reply