It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

Johnsso HB User
Virus ruining my life, how can it last this long?

Hello, april 17 i woke up with a sore throat and green/yellow mucus so i rested from my big passion here in life (weightlifting) for 3 days.
On the fourth day i didn't feel any pain in the throat just a small uncomfortable feeling, like there was a piece of food stuck in my throat or something.
But eager as i was to get back to my training i worked out and i noticed that my heartbeat fas twice as fast as it usually is and the sore throat came back later on that day, this time it didn't hurt as much tho.
So i rested 9 more days and it still wasn't gone so i contacted the doc and took a streptest, blood test and some other test i don't know the name of and they all came back negative for bacteria and he said that it most likely was a virus.
The odd thing is that the doc told me that i could workout as usual and so i did, i went back to the gym the day after but it just didn't feel right, my heartbeat was way to high and i felt a little dizzy and 2 days after that workout i got 8-9 small red blisters in the back of my throat.
I contaced another doctor and he was chocked that the earlier one had given me a clearence to train since the majority of people who gets a myocarditis (heart inflammation) gets it thanks to training with a virus infection in their body.
So i have now been resting for another 20 days and it just wont end.
The only symptoms i have is a vague sore throat that comes and goes (sometimes i can't even feel it), green mucus and the blisters in my throat.
Other then this i feel 100% fine, no fever, cold or any other of the common virus symptoms.
So now i ask here, has anyone ever heard of a virus like this and how much longer can it last?
In total i have had it for 37 days now and it is literally ruining my life since im a professional weightlifter and work at a gym, since this happened my whole life has gone downward and i am feeling depressed.
I have eaten ALOT of omega 3, vitamin C and D every day since i got this.
I have also started to drink 3 glasses with warm water, a few slices of lemon and a piece of ginger root the last 6 days but nothing seems to work.
Here's a picture of the throat (blisters) http://*****.com/PTGibAa
If someone has ever heard of something like this or knows what kind of virus it might be, please feel free to share because i am going nuts over here.
Thanks!

Last edited by mod85; 05-22-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
(male)

Johnsso HB User
Re: Virus ruining my life, how can it last this long?

Is there no one that recognizes this?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

It does sound like Coxsackie Virus. Look it up and see if it is worth mentioning to your doctor. It can hang around for a long time. Sera

Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
(male)

Johnsso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
It does sound like Coxsackie Virus. Look it up and see if it is worth mentioning to your doctor. It can hang around for a long time. Sera
Yea i have suspected this aswell but when i read about Coxsackie viruses it says on the most sites that it typically last 7-10 days.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

I know someone who has had flare-ups on and off for years. For her, it seems to be like herpes and lies dormant apparently. Sera

Old 05-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #6
(male)

Johnsso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
I know someone who has had flare-ups on and off for years. For her, it seems to be like herpes and lies dormant apparently. Sera
Ok:/
Is there any tests today that can show what kind of virus i have?

Reply Reply