It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
(female)

bnchacha HB User
Question Tonsillectomy - Questions

I had my first surgery (tonsillectomy, adenoids removed, and a polyp removed from my sinuses under my right eye) monday may 20th. It is now may 24th and I am beginning to feel what feels like a hot pressure in my throat. It almost feels as if I have a collar on around my neck. Constant itchy irritation in the back of my throat as well. I have been eating ice chips and icing my throat which seems like the only thing I am capable of doing. Drinking water is causing too much pain and taking pain medication causes me to lose color and become extremely nauseous and weak. I have been using google to answer many of my questions and saw that the pain I am feeling is similar to what others experience while scabs are falling off. I haven't seen any difference in my scabs but yet again my tounge is so swollen it's difficult for me to tell in general. Basically I am wondering what it feels like when the scabs fall off and how will I know they have fallen off? Is it too soon for them to be coming off? I am also wondering how I can reduce my coughing. I have so much flem because of the sinus surgery and I was also sick prior to surgery and I don't want to cause bleeding or more pain because of my coughing. Any advice or answers to my questions? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
(female)

Bea590 HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy - Questions

I never had anything like that. It sounds more like strep. Please call your doctor asap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

bnchacha HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy - Questions

I went to my ENT yesterday and he said everything was normal and I was doing better than most. I am in less pain than I was yesterday and my scabs are turning a darker color?

The following user gives a hug of support to bnchacha:
Bea590 (05-24-2013)
Reply Reply

Tags
tonsilectomy, tonsillectomy advice, tonsillectomy post op, tonsillectomy recovery, tonsillectomy scabs