It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

Grizabella HB User
Post nasal drip help!

Hello, my problem is that I have a post nasal drip that makes it feel like it is in my left ear. You know when you can hear yourself internally and get that echo of your own voice? I get that so much when it's particularly bad and it's very uncomfortable. Funny thing is it happens to the left side only, never the right ear. Sometimes it gets so bad it feels like I have an ear infection. If I don't feel it in my ear then the mucus sits at the back of my thoat, making it feel full, and I keep feeling the need to swallow, which eventually leads to a sore throat. Eating food usually helps clear things temporarily.

Now the thing is, I have been to an ENT and he says my hearing is perfect, no wax in the outer ear, he did a scan of my head and everything is clear internally too!! Nothing wrong with my Eustachian tube or sinuses, both clear. So strange!! Thing is I can see the mucus at the back of my throat dripping down and collecting at the side where my tonsils used to be (my tonsils were removed 10 years ago).

I have been using a steroid spray which helps a tiny bit, I take antihistamines every day. I had a blood test for allergies (food, airborne), as well as a skin ***** test for common allergens all which came back negative.

I know it sounds silly but it's starting to really hinder my day to day. The uncomortable feeling daily, the ear thing is the worst. This has been going on for about 2 years now, all seasons.

I also have unexplained vulvodynia and IBS symptoms which of course adds to my misery. I am 23 years old.

Can anyone help me out here? What could be causing my trouble? and does anyone have any good tips to help clear the mucus?

Thanks!

Last edited by Grizabella; 05-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply