It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Nasal drip

I feel mucus draining in my throat and can't cough it up , feels like a vacume in side me , when I swallow my throat tightens. Hard to blow nose throat again tightens. When I drink I feel like I'm inhaleing! Please help. Also have shortness of breath hard to breath through abdomin. Please help!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Nasal drip

\There are lots of things you can try. A saline spray or rinse would be the first idea. A decongestant. Do you have allergies? Then an antihistamine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Exclamation Re: Nasal drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
\There are lots of things you can try. A saline spray or rinse would be the first idea. A decongestant. Do you have allergies? Then an antihistamine.
My biggest problem is I can't cough it up! And the throat tightning does anyone else have this probem

Old 05-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

The best solution is to keep it from forming which would be by clearing the sinuses and stopping the PND by using a decongestant. Next would be some Mucinex or an expectorant cough syrup (one of the Robitussins) in order to cough up the drainage that remains.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Mucus in the back of the throat is horrible.
I get this a lot and have the same problem getting it up. Sometimes it feel like a band of elastic and yes it does affect your swallowing.
In my case I put it down to environmental, as I live in an extremely wet country.
Terlin you can try a decongestant like Titchou recommended, I use SUDAFED myself, it helps somewhat.
Honey and lemon may help and I agree try to keep your nasal passages clear.
Apart from that it may be a case of living with it like I do. I do know that when I go to a hot country mine gets better,

Solofelix.

Reply Reply