It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

beth1389 HB User
New and scared

I have been having symptoms for the past year off and on, but nothing much. Just swollen throat feeling sometimes and swallowing issues. But it was thought to be reflux. Now it came back two fold and I have constant tight neck like I am being choked by a turtle neck that is 5 sizes to small. Swollen glands all over my neck. ( that just started this week )
I have blood tests, normal range, but ultra sound shows nodule on right lobe about 2cm. OMG
I just want the thing out. I feel like I swallowed a walnut. All stinking day. It really bothers me. My voice is very hoarse and I need to get something done. They cant schedule my biopsy until August 8th. Its only June 4th. What if it cancer? I am going to the best place near me At University of Penn thyroid center. What now? can I get this feeling to subside naturally so i can function. I am scared of the FNA too. I dont do well with that stuff.
Help
Beth

Old 06-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
(female)

beth1389 HB User
Re: New and scared

What are your symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
(female)

beaumom HB User
Re: New and scared

My husband has several nodules on his thyroid. He had the FNB it went well. Very little pain. And that was due to them having to reinsert the needle to see all of them. He then had a partial thyroidectomy done laprascopically at U of I in Chicago. Not many hospitals are doing them here yet. His postop recovery was good. Not alot of pain. He did take tyl #3 a few times. The lump he had felt in his throat was much better post op. Almost gone. We'd be happy to answer any questions. Good luck.

Reply Reply