It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
(male)

Mortissia HB User
2 Days Post-Op Tonsillectomy

I'm 16, and I had my tonsils cut out two days ago. The surgery went fine, except for some pain. I didn't sleep the night after, and I ate some yogurt and jelly. After I went home I felt mostly ok, except my uvula swelled up to the point of periodically blocking my throat. I ate some solid foods (which went down ok) and have been drinking water and lukewarm tea/coffee, but last night I felt weak and shaky, and could barely move. After a hot bath this subsided, and I was able to get some much-needed sleep. After I woke up this morning, I had some major pain in my throat which I took medication for, and my uvula is still very swollen.

I seem to be going ok, but can anyone help with the uvula that is blocking my throat?

UPDATE: Since I wrote this I ate a little more solid food - I am now experiencing nausea and stomach pain. Any help for this?

Reply Reply

Tags
throat, tonsillectomy, tonsils